Shipping & Admiralty matters
Our Maritime experts have acquired and developed exceptional skills and knowledge in the field of shipping law and practice. They have sound approach and understanding of how this niche practice of law operates across all spectrums of dry shipping, admiralty matters, logistics operations, transactional activities, and arbitrations.
Dry shipping includes:
- International sales contract disputes – letter of credit/documentary credit, FOB, and CIF contracts
- charter party disputes – lay time, demurrage, arbitration clauses; safe port; seaworthiness; notice of readiness; breach of warranty; the ‘deemed earned’ clause on freight in a voyage charter; ‘off-hire’ events in a time charter
- Bill of lading disputes – delivery without production of the bill of lading; ‘through’ bill of lading
- Cargo claims
- Marine insurance claims
- Shipbuilding contract disputes
- Ship repair disputes
- Arrest of vessels
- Arbitration in emerging countries and London.
- general average
- marine pollution.